[Librezale] Galiziako hitzaldia

Ask Hjorth Larsen asklarsen a bildua gmail.com
Ast, Abu 7, 17:13:08, CEST 2014

Kaixo Julen!

Eskerrik asko mezuagatik!

All right.  If there's a spot available, I would be quite interested.
As I mentioned, I am involved in the translation of several larger
projects.  It would be fun/interesting/etc. to see how other teams
work, and I wouldn't mind giving a talk (it can be in English or
Spanish) about our translation team/procedures/etc.   I can also talk
about some localization tools that we happen to be developing
alongside.  They're in many ways like Translation Toolkit but
sometimes tailored to more specific problems.

Basically I don't have any very specific expectations.  The link *did*
mention, though, that they were looking for people from other teams as
well, particularly working on GNOME and other projects.  Danish is not
a minority language though.

Best regards
Ask

> Kaixo Ask!

>> Kaixo!
>>
>> Tal vez tenga que ser un poco más especifico: Los enlaces que he visto
>> no contienen mucha información (y además están generalmente en gallego
>> aunque eso no sea tan difícil).  Por ejemplo, qué hay de gastos,
>> alojamiento, etc.?  Hay o habrá una página con información en
>> castellano o inglés?
>
> The event is geared towards teams of localizers of endangered/minority
> languages from the iberian peninsula. It pretends to raise common
> issues faced by small teams and ideally this should be a starting
> point for further collaboration in terms of resource-sharing or any
> other way that might boost the quality and productivity of each small
> team individually.
>
> The vast majority of details are available on Softcatala's wiki [1].
> The event will be held in Santiago during the weekend of the 4th and
> 5th of October.
>
> Regarding the content, as you can see there are plans to split the
> crowd into groups according to products being localized (GNOME,
> Mozilla-related, LibreOffice, Ubuntu...) and the tools being used
> (Pootle, Lokalize, OmegaT, Virtaal...). Besides that, there will be
> some general-purpose workshops/informal talks on terminology and
> translation memories.
>
> In respect to sponsoring, there's some budget that will cover a double
> hotel room for each team. This would be for the night of Saturday, 4th
> of October. Meals will be covered during the event, so everything is
> included on Saturday and Sunday up to lunch. Transportation is at the
> expense of the attendees.
>
> In terms of Librezale's attendance, I've been forwarding all the
> information to the list during the last few months, but even if I have
> insisted, nobody seems to be willing to go besides me. So I guess
> there's a free spot unless someone else jumps now in.
>
> I don't know Danish l10n teams' situation well enough to evaluate that
> by myself, so I'm not sure if the event is up to your expectations. I
> guess the organizers will be open to more teams, but we might also
> need to check with them before proceeding.
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you,
> Julen.
>

> [1] http://www.softcatala.org/wiki/Trobada_Iberica

Librezale posta zerrendari buruzko informazio gehiago