[Librezale] Galiziako hitzaldia

Julen Ruiz Aizpuru julenx a bildua gmail.com
Al, Abu 4, 08:57:45, CEST 2014

Kaixo Ask!

> Kaixo!
>
> Tal vez tenga que ser un poco más especifico: Los enlaces que he visto
> no contienen mucha información (y además están generalmente en gallego
> aunque eso no sea tan difícil).  Por ejemplo, qué hay de gastos,
> alojamiento, etc.?  Hay o habrá una página con información en
> castellano o inglés?

The event is geared towards teams of localizers of endangered/minority
languages from the iberian peninsula. It pretends to raise common
issues faced by small teams and ideally this should be a starting
point for further collaboration in terms of resource-sharing or any
other way that might boost the quality and productivity of each small
team individually.

The vast majority of details are available on Softcatala's wiki [1].
The event will be held in Santiago during the weekend of the 4th and
5th of October.

Regarding the content, as you can see there are plans to split the
crowd into groups according to products being localized (GNOME,
Mozilla-related, LibreOffice, Ubuntu...) and the tools being used
(Pootle, Lokalize, OmegaT, Virtaal...). Besides that, there will be
some general-purpose workshops/informal talks on terminology and
translation memories.

In respect to sponsoring, there's some budget that will cover a double
hotel room for each team. This would be for the night of Saturday, 4th
of October. Meals will be covered during the event, so everything is
included on Saturday and Sunday up to lunch. Transportation is at the
expense of the attendees.

In terms of Librezale's attendance, I've been forwarding all the
information to the list during the last few months, but even if I have
insisted, nobody seems to be willing to go besides me. So I guess
there's a free spot unless someone else jumps now in.

I don't know Danish l10n teams' situation well enough to evaluate that
by myself, so I'm not sure if the event is up to your expectations. I
guess the organizers will be open to more teams, but we might also
need to check with them before proceeding.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Julen.

[1] http://www.softcatala.org/wiki/Trobada_Iberica

Librezale posta zerrendari buruzko informazio gehiago