[Librezale] Fwd: Mozilla IRC meeting

Julen julenx a bildua gmail.com
Al, Abe 13, 10:40:31, CET 2010

Aupa,

Mozilla komunitateko partaide batzuen izenean mezu hau bidali digute
es-ES, pt-PT, sl eta eu-ko kideei.

Bilera urtarrilaren 8rako dago jarrita eta urruti dagoen arren, bertan
izango naiz ziurrenik. Aparteko puntu edo iritzirik gehitu nahi duzue?

Eskerrik asko!
Julen.

-------- Jatorrizko mezua --------
Gaia: Mozilla IRC meeting
Data: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 13:42:32 +0100
Nork: Iacopo Benesperi <iacopo.benesperi a bildua mozillaitalia.org>
Nori: toniher a bildua softcatala.cat

Hi everyone,
you all should know that we're organizing an IRC meeting to discuss
about Mozilla and communities. Me, Toni (Catalan community) and
Francisco (Spanish community) did a little pre-meeting to write down a
first draft of what to discuss, and to fix a possible date and time for
the meeting. Feel free to add points to the discussion, and to ask for a
date/time change if you want to attend the meeting but can't in that moment.

The proposed date/time for the meeting is January 8th at 11 am CET (10
am GMT).

We'd like to discuss these points:

1. Situation of SUMO and related problems
2. Community involvement in decision-making
     * Community Council proposal
     * community involvement in engagement
3. Concerns on the Mozilla strategy
     * Too much marketing nowadays
     * Too much focus on Firefox only
     * We'd like to see more focus on Mozilla technologies
     * We'd like to see more importance given to other Mozilla products
       (Seamonkey, Thunderbird, Calendar)
     * Drumbeat & reaching new diverse members
4. Impressions we have on how Mozilla Europe is working
     * Transparency
     * Board election and rotation
     * Open governance model

You may not agree/be interested in all points, but that's why we want to
make a discussion :-)

After the meeting, our idea is to write down an open letter for the
other communities around the world and Mozilla to be signed and
commented. I'll write a first draft of it and we'll modify it until we
all agree with its content and shape.
When we're done with writing, I'll prepare a dedicated page for the
letter, and we have to decide where to host it (I volunteer with my
personal domain, or maybe the Italian community wants to host it?), the
important thing is to have control over it. We'll then advertise this
page in the Mozilla world, like planet and l10n ng.

Well then, feel free to add your contribution to the points to be
discussed and please confirm your partecipation if you can.

The meeting will be on the freenode irc server (irc.freenode.net), the
channel will be #mozilla-meeting

bye,
Iacopo Benesperi

Librezale posta zerrendari buruzko informazio gehiago