[Librezale] Galiziako hitzaldia

Ask Hjorth Larsen asklarsen a bildua gmail.com
Ast, Ira 4, 19:40:57, CEST 2014

Kaixo!

I am not completely convinced that my contribution/participation is so
important.  Danish is a small language but clearly not a minority
language.  I wrote to the trasno people yesterday but have not heard
anything.  My contribution could be more from a technical perspective
(we have efficient work flows and tools), but this is not the focus of
the meeting.  Nevertheless they were seeking people from various
projects, and so they must have their reasons - I just haven't really
heard them.

If there's no very compelling reason for me to go, I might make other
plans (although from a cultural/spare-time perspective I have wanted
to go see Galicia for a while).

Note: I will be without connection from the morning of the 6th to the
evening of the 7th, so I guess communication/timely sign-up could be
tricky.

Julen:  If I do sign up, I might like a hint regarding efficient
transport from Donostia if you have it well thought out.

Best regards
Ask

>>> Kaixo Julen!
>>>
>>> Eskerrik asko mezuagatik!
>>>
>>> All right.  If there's a spot available, I would be quite interested.
>>> As I mentioned, I am involved in the translation of several larger
>>> projects.  It would be fun/interesting/etc. to see how other teams
>>> work, and I wouldn't mind giving a talk (it can be in English or
>>> Spanish) about our translation team/procedures/etc.   I can also talk
>>> about some localization tools that we happen to be developing
>>> alongside.  They're in many ways like Translation Toolkit but
>>> sometimes tailored to more specific problems.
>>>
>>> Basically I don't have any very specific expectations.  The link *did*
>>> mention, though, that they were looking for people from other teams as
>>> well, particularly working on GNOME and other projects.  Danish is not
>>> a minority language though.
>>

>> Ok, let me check with them and I'll get back to you.
>

> Just heard back from them. No issues so far, you can join us as a
> Librezale member and you'll be sponsored for the hotel night (double
> room to be shared) and Saturday and Sunday meals.
>
> Just notice what the website says though [1]:
> "Se ben non se falará da problemática doutros idiomas (como pode ser o
> español ou o portugués por non seren idiomas minorizados nin en risco
> de extinción) as persoas tradutoras son ben recibidas nos grupos de
> traballo, xa que a súa experiencia será sempre enriquecedora da nosa."
>
> So any localizer is welcome, but the topics must focus on the issues
> being faced by minoritary languages. All experiences are enriching in
> this regards.
>
> Also, since you mentioned the option to give a talk, they have a call
> for papers open till the 7th of September [2]. But the main idea of
> the event is to organize round tables around the areas outlined in the
> program, so it'll be more of an open chat/discussion. I guess the
> language of the event will be Spanish, I don't believe you need to
> worry about that unless you struggle with it.
>
> Anyway, that's all I think. Next step would be proceeding to fill in
> the sign up form. Should you have any doubts, I'm happy to help.
>

> Julen.
>
> [1] http://encontro.trasno.net/actividade
> [2] http://encontro.trasno.net/programa
> [3] http://encontro.trasno.net/inscribirse

Librezale posta zerrendari buruzko informazio gehiago